SILFS 2017 – Triennial International Conference of the Italian Society for Logic and Philosophy of Science
Bologna, Italy, 20-23 June 2017
SILFS 2017, the triennial international conference of the Italian Society for Logic and the Philosophy of Science, will be held at the Department of Philosophy and Communication of the University of Bologna, 20-23 June 2017.
Medicina & Storia – Call for papers – Focus: History, Philosophy and Social Aspects of Parkinson’s Disease
MEDICINA & STORIA – CALL FOR PAPERS
Focus: History, Philosophy and Social Aspects of Parkinson’s Disease
Editor: Stefano Canali (SISSA, Trieste)
In 1817, James Parkinson’s “An Essay on the Shaking Palsy” was published in which, based on his discussion of six cases, he offered the first clear description of the neurological disease to be named after him. To mark the bicentenary of the publication of Parkinson’s groundbreaking essay, Medicina & Storia plans to put together a special section of the journal on the historical, philosophical and social aspects related to Parkinson’s disease.
The Focus will be published in the 2/2017 issue of Medicina & Storia (ETS).
There is very rich historical research on Parkinson’s disease, in particular, on the evolution of therapeutic strategies. While various historical aspects have been fairly well studied, there still remain some more recent epistemological, ethical and social issues that have yet to be explored and discussed. With this in mind, we have identified three thematic areas for which we would very much welcome the submission of original and previously unpublished contributions:
- The clinical impact of Parkinson’s disease on the development of neurology and basic research in the brain sciences
- Ethical and social issues related to side effects of therapy with dopamine agonists on the voluntary control of behavior, the regulation of impulsiveness as well as other dimensions of cognitive functions and the personality
- History and ethical aspects of deep brain stimulation treatment for Parkinson’s disease
All articles will be subject to peer reviewing.
-DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF CONTRIBUTIONS: MAY 15 2017
-ACCEPTANCE OF PRESELECTED CONTRIBUTIONS: BY JULY 30 2017
-THE FINAL VERSION OF SELECTED CONTRIBUTIONS: BY SEPTEMBER 30 2017
– Accepted languages: English, Italian, French
– Maximum length of each contribution: 25,000 characters
– All essays should follow the editorial rules of Medicina & Storia, available in both Italian and English at: http://www.edizioniets.com/view-collana.asp?col=Medicina%20e%20Storia
– The essays should be sent by email as PDF attachments (with the author’s name, surname, address and institutional affiliation) to the following address: email@example.com
27-28 gennaio presso Uniser | aula Cino, Via Pertini n.358, Pistoia
XVI Convegno nazionale congiunto nel ventesimo dalla fondazione
22 e 23 ottobre 2016
Scarica il modulo di iscrizione
Call For Paper – Triennial International Conference of the Italian Society for Logic and the Philosophy of Science
SILFS 2017 – Triennial International Conference of the Italian Society for Logic and the Philosophy of Science – Bologna, Italy, 20-23 June 2017